Monday 22 December 2014

One cold midnight Simi wishes for love-Candle Magic @ElodieParkes #newrelease

Happy Monday! Today I've got Elodie Parkes showing off her new book, Candle Magic, a lovely sexy fantasy romance to get you in the Christmas spirit. Over to Elodie...
***
 
Thank you for hosting ‘Candle Magic’ on your blog today. Thank you so much to all my readers. I write from my heart so you have a piece of it. Happy Holidays.


About the book:
I got the idea for this story very late at night as I shivered in a sudden downpour of rain on my way home from work. It was still summer at the time and although late, the sky was still quite light. That happens in Britain where I live and often dawn comes in at around 3.30 a.m. How do I know this? I’m often still up writing or playing around with graphics for book covers. I’m lucky because my day job is in shifts so often I can grab a few hours’ sleep and still get to work on time.

Here’s the blurb:
When Simi finds a pretty old candlestick among the discarded props in the company storeroom, she never imagines it will grant her dearest wish. There’s something mysterious about the carved candlestick, but Simi is drawn to it. She’s saved a red candle from a box she bought years ago in an antique shop, and intends to use the candlestick to hold the last candle and make her solitary Christmas lunch more festive. It’s Christmas Eve, there’s sleet in the wind, Simi slips, but Jason catches her. Who is Jason? Where has he suddenly appeared from in the night?
Simi looks into the eyes of this gorgeous man and sparks fly …

Erotic fantasy romance from Siren Publishing and Elodie Parkes



At around ten, the party guests started to thin out. Simi cleared away some empty dishes and bottles. She was bent over the table when someone came up behind her and grabbed her around the waist. Surprised, Simi gasped and squirmed around to find it was Carl.
His beery breath hit her full in the face. “Hi, Simi. Christmas kiss?”
Simi wanted a Christmas kiss, but not from Carl. “Where’s Angie, your girlfriend?” She eased out of Carl’s grasp.
He let her go. His eyes filled with sadness and he shrugged his shoulders. “We broke up. Sorry, Simi, didn’t mean to be obnoxious. You looked so inviting bent over the table. Nice dress, lovely stockings. Where’s your man of the moment?”
Simi felt sorry for Carl. “Sorry to hear about the split. I thought you two were a done deal.” She didn’t remind Carl there hadn’t been a man of the moment for the three years she’d been at the firm.
A huge sigh escaped him before he answered. His voice dripped sorrow. “I thought so, too. I love her. She said I was a flake and so untidy it was driving her mad. She stormed off on Monday and won’t answer my calls.”
Simi didn’t know what to say as his eyes filled with tears. He was untidy, but he wasn’t a flake at work. She gazed at him sympathetically, her own eyes spiking with tears in response.
He blinked. “I’ll help you clear up a little.”
Protected COPYRIGHT ELODIE PARKES and SIREN PUBLISHING 2014
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED, DECEMBER 2014 RELEASE


BUY the book:
http://www.bookstrand.com/candle-magic

ADD to your TBR:
Check Elodie’s blog for other distributer buy links http://elodieparkes.blogspot.com

Follow Elodie on Twitter on Facebook see her Amazon page and Google+

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments. Please share your thoughts.
If you're having problems using blogger to comment, please use the Facebook comment box at the bottom. Thank you.

The Romance Reviews